Sunday 30 December 2012

Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette - Review



Just recently my NAKED2 palette has had quite a rough time due to younger siblings getting their hands on it so I've used some pictures off the internet instead because my own one doesn't do this palette any justice!

Packaging: The packaging is alot sturdier than the original Naked palette.The NAKED2 palette comes in a hard, metal case which is much heavier than the NAKED palette. The NAKED2 case feels extremely heavy-duty, and closes tight and well. It is also much easier to keep clean as it's made of metal and not velour like the NAKED palette.I love the mirror in this palette because it's much bigger and fantastic for applying makeup when you're on the go.
The NAKED2 palette is practically the same size as the NAKED palette, it's just bulkier. This palette also comes with a full-sized double sided brush and a travel size 'Lip Junkie' lipgloss (It's minty!)



Eyeshadows: The eyeshadows themselves are mostly fantastic,  I find this is the case with most Urban Decay eyeshadows. They're all creamy, and most of them are highly pigmented except for 'Foxy' as it just fades away into my skin, as the colour's so similar to my natural skin tone, it'd be more suited for darker skin tones definitely. 'I do wish the NAKED2 palette had more of a range of darker eyeshadows as this limits your choice of various looks automatically. This obviously won't be a problem if you already own the NAKED palette, as you can switch and mix-and-match between the two. I would definitely buy this palette again and I'd recommend this highly to makeup artists as it's perfect for bridal makeup!



(From top left-hand corner)

Foxy, Half Baked, Bootycall, Chopper, Tease, Snakebite,
Suspect, Pistol, Verve, YDK, Busted, Blackout
My favourite shades from the NAKED2 palette are: Tease, Snakebite, Busted, Bootycall and Blackout.


The matte colours from the palette are 'Foxy', 'Tease' and 'Blackout'

The shimmery one's are 'Half Baked
', 'Bootycall', 'Chopper', 'Snakebite',
'Suspect', 'Pistol', 'Verve', 'YDK
' and 'Busted'. 

1 comment: