Saturday 22 December 2012

Rimmel's Wake Me Up Foundation - Review


I love this foundation! Rimmel brought this foundation out quite some time ago but I only recently decided to try it and instantly fell in love with it. It also has very good coverage which I love as it hides my freckles (which I have very few of ,have faded alot over the years as they haven't had much exposure to the sun, hence I live in Ireland!). It's has a cream like texture that is easy to apply. My skin is very dry no matter how many creams and lotions I put on it so I found it quite hard to find a foundation that is moisturising because most brands aim their foundations at people who have oily skin as that seems to be the most common skin type. These foundations soak up oil which is the exact opposite of what I need! 
The foundation is priced at around €12 and I find that it works alot better than MAC Studio Fix and Revlon Colorstay as these tend to dry out my skin alot.
The only problem I have with this foundation is that the colour is too dark for me as I said before I resemble a milk bottle! I bought this in 'Ivory' which is the lightest colour. I wear fake tan when I go out so then the foundation is perfect but for everyday it's just too dark so I have to put bronzer on my chest.
There is a slight shimmer to it ,like glitter on your face but you won't look like a vampire! It's actually quite nice as it gives you a glow. I couldn't recommend this foundation more to girls with dry skin! If you have oily skin I'm not sure if this will work for you as it is so moisturising. I think this will be my go to foundation for quite some time now - I love it!



No comments:

Post a Comment